Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Prescribed walamycin suspension. Reconstitution is with the distilled water. Should the water provided be taken?

i have baby,doctor has given doses namely walamycin suspension direction for reconstitution is twist open the enclosed plastic ampoules containing distilled water and the entire quantity to reconstitute the powder upto the mark shown on the bottle shake weeli want to know is this mean we have to take distilled water only
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
reconstitution with sterile water is good it avoids the contamination of the medicine through unsteriled water you can use boiled and cooled water also
Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,

You should use distilled water for reconstitution of the specific drug.
It is important to use as it is necessary for proper dose and stability of the drug.
There is mark on the bottle to fill pure distilled water up to that level and then shake it to make even solution.

Simple water is not safe for this purpose.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor