Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Prescribed methylcobalamin for calf muscle cramp. Swollen leg, black color, painful. What to do?

i am Noorulislam from kashmir, it is before 15 days while playing cricket i slipped my left foot and i had a muscle cramp in me left calf muscle .I just saw a Jp doctor who prescibed me some antibiotic and painkiller and antiinfilimation medicine and i took the medicine for 5 days but still the pain did not go so i went to another doctor who prescribed me Methycoblamin with folic acid(syrup) and aceclofenac , serratiopeptidase and paracetamol(tablet) and a mutivitamin tablet but still my leg has swellings particularly my foot and black color inside the skin showing the blood and while walking i feel little pain and there is a slight continue pain in my thigh as well so what do you suggest me to do
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

From the description of symptoms, I think that you have sustained a SOFT TISSUE HEMATOMA. This usually takes around 3 weeks to resolve completely.

The general management guidelines for hematoma are as follows -

* Rest to the injured part and dont involve in activities which puts additional strain on the injured tissues.
* Ice packing should be applied for about 20 minutes once in every 2 hours.
* Use elastic compression bandage around the swollen area
* Elevation of the limb
* Analgesic & anti inflammatory medications

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vakul Aren's  Response
Welcome to HCM.It appears that you have a partial tear of the calf muscle with a haematoma/collection of blood .It would be wise to seek the opinion of a orthopaedic Surgeon/Surgeon who can assess the injury and manage it .Surgical intervention may be required.
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor