Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Zpac for ear infection, still same symptoms. Given more antibiotics, steroid shot, face still swelling up. Any ideas ?

December 14, 2012 I went to the dr. and was diagnosed with an ear infection . he gave me a zpac. After I completed the zpac my face started to swell. (around chin , cheek area). Still was sick feeling.(tired, sore throat , headache, ringing ears). I went to another dr. and he gave me more antibiotics and a steroid shot. He said that the swelling was a virus that went into my salivary glands. The swelling went down within a few days, but the headache and ringing ears, sore throat, tiredness stayed. After about a week, the swelling came back worse than ever. I was working a lot of hours and not getting enough sleep. Had to go to er. They put me in the hospital for 3 days, diagnosed me with cellulitus, then said it was angiodema and recommended me to go to a rhuematologist because they thought i have a auto immune dissorder. Meanwhile, I have seen the rhuematologist and was told i have no autoimmune , if anything inflamation. My face is still swelling up when i don t get enough rest and my ears are still ringing. Antibiotics reduce the swelling. now they are telling me to go to a ent. I am not able to see him until the middle of the month. i have had a hysterectomy last jan 2012 and have noticed when i get run down my eyes break out in whelps and my nails are real frail (since the hysterectomy). I had a neck surgery in 2005 and my jaw pops out of place all the time. Also, my dentist said I do not have any abscess teeth. Do you have any ideas what is wrong with me?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for contacting HCM
You have ear infection with swelling over face (around chin , cheek area). YOUR dentist said you do not have any abscess .
These all finding suggestive that you may have chronic suppurative otitis media unsafe type, Better to go for CT temporal bone / ENT specialist for better diagnosis and treatment.
Dr Hariom Sharma
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor