Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Utrogestan to improve fertility, had miscarriage. Can medicine be taken orally or vaginally?

Hi I m from the uk but currently living in Spain me and my husband have been trying for our second child for a year following a miscarriage a Spanish gynaecologist has just given me utrogestan to take to improve my fertility . She told me to count 16 days from my first day of my last period then take it for 10 days to increase my chances of getting pregnant. My Spanish isn t great and English wasn t either just wanted to check this and it says can be taken by oral or vaginal which is best as I can t read the instructions there in Spanish thanks Michelle
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hello Michhelle,
Well I just wanted to guess if utrogestan is natural micronised progesterone.
It can be taken both orally and vaginally, but best acts vaginally.It is a hormone to support your pregnancy if any.
Well good luck, and mail me if there is any further query.
Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor