Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Trifect, Tixylix syrup for cold for a child. What is the exact use?

My son is of 1 1/2 month old. He is suffering from cold & cough . So docter prescribed Trifect syrup and Tixylix syrup.So may I know,what is the real use of these syrups and should I give it later when he will affect by cold.Also please suggest me how to avoid cough without medicine. Tanks for your time and support.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  545
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
these are cough syrups,but do not give it urself please consult your doctor when your child gets cold again. they are indicated for the dry cough that is cough without expectoration. to avoid cough without medicine is when the child gets cough give him simple preparations like tulsi,adrak and honey.avoid going outside in very cold, and wear winter clothing.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor