Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Neurobione for shaking. Is my vitamin B12 value low?

After paying for doctor visits for nervous shaking that i have.The Doctor advised me to take b12 test and i did it.I got the value as 261 and doctor says that it is low as per my age (25 years),advised me a couple of injections(nuerobeon ) and pills to take.But the report says that it is normal.Normal range is between 200 to 800.Please advise whether the information is right or not.Thanks in advance
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

The normal range written in the lab report papers mention a value of 200-800 for normal vitamin B 12 level, as you have mentioned.

However, for the nervous system to function properly, it should be at least more than 450. So, your vitamin B 12 value is low, but not very low. Hence, you require treatment as advised by your neurologist.

I hope it clarifies.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor