Prescribed Glycipage. Should I take it to help reduce weight?

hello sir, I am Nithya,i am 26 years old. I got married recently few months before. I have one doubt regarding a tablet Glycipage. This tablet is sugessted by my physician at my native and said this tablet wil make me to reduce my weight. Now my weight is 65 kg. As per BMI it is heavy weight the physician said.But I was told by my friends that the tablet is sugested for Diabetics patients only.Since I am not a diabetic patient, Shall i have the Glycipage tablet for reducing the weight or not.
Tue, 30 Apr 2013