Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Cysteine B6 for hairloss. Vitamin supplement equivalent to Cysteine B6?

I am looking for a vitamin supplement equivalent to cysteine B6 in India. Is there any alternative with same contents of cysteine. I had consulted a doctor to preserve hair loss and he has advised to take cysteine B6. The product is much costlier in the UAE. I would appreciate if you could suggest similar to this product in India. My height - 5.8 , Weight - 74kg, No medical problems. Prem
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Vitamin B6 may help prevent hair loss. However there are a lot of other factors that can lead to hair loss and this might include other vitamin and micronutrient deficiencies. I hope you are on multivitamins and multiminerals and specific agents for hair growth. Minoxidil may also be helpful in preventing hair loss and you need to see a dermatologist to get a prescription for the same. I hope this helped. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor