Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Amoxicillin for ear pain. Muffled hearing, popping when blowing nose, yellow nasal discharge. What should I do?

My children had Strep last week and I had an ear ache following their diagnosis (my first ever). The doctor said my ear was infected and put my on Omoxycillin (sp?). I ve been taking it since last Friday (7 days today) 3 times a day. The pain went away immediately, but I still cannot hear fully in the same ear. It s been muffled since then. When I blow my nose in the hot shower in the mornings, it sometimes pops, but will not clear entirely. Just now, I had a bright yellow liquid drain from my nose (not the usual congestion that I ve had with this virus), but bright yellow and thin and free-flowing. It just poured out, about a teaspoon or less. It seemed to affect my ear a litlte, but it s still muffled/blocked. What should I do now? Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You seem to have a blocked Eustachian tube and may be collection of fluid in middle ear. Please use mucolytics and nasal decongestants along with steam inhalation. If the things do not improve, visit your ENT and he may need to do myringotomy with grommet insertion. That fluid from nose can be because of a sinus infection and steam inhalation should help in that. Regards
Answered: Sat, 9 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor