Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Prenatal blood work results showed low esonphil count. Concern about?

I just got my prenatal bloodwork results. Everything was normal except for absolute esonphil count which was low at 9.0 (apparantly half the range of normal). My H&H were normal, my overall WBC were normal at 8.8. Everything else was fine. I did a quick search and found that low esonphils could be caused by alchohol (which I don t drink) or steriods in the body like cortisone . So is it normal for this count to be low during pregnancy, or is there something I should be concerned about? Thanks! I am about 10 weeks pregnant.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM
In pregnancy, the volume of blood increased more than the cellular content. so there is relative decrease in the cell count. So, it is a physiological change.
You dont need to be concerned about this.
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor