Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction severely affecting married life. Want to try paroxetine 40mg. How can I overcome these?

hello sir myself hitender i m also a doctor and i m mbbs . my problem is that i m suffering from problem of night fall since last ten year.since then i always fear how will be my marriage life .i m 26 year old im just msrried now i unable to have intercourse because of premature ejaculation very early plz help me .my life is becoming worsrt i think of trying paroxetine 40 mg but now i have started problem of erection also plz help.plz do my counselling because my problem is psychological
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi Dr.Hitam.

Thanks for the query.

Since you know that premature ejaculation is mainly psychological in etiology, you need to understand that stress, sleep deprivation, excess caffeine, smoking, alcohol can contribute adversely to premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.

Besides these, un-diagnosed psychiatric disorders like mood disorders in the form of dysthymia, depression, anxiety are common causes of the same.

Do not try any medication without being diagnosed and treated first by Psychiatrist because you may know Paroxetine can cause retrograde ejaculation which may be more problematic for you.

Eat a healthy diet rich in fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes a day. All these increase stamina, energy and reduce stress and and anxiety. Do not worry. If you adopt healthy lifestyle these problems shall be curbed.

You can try squeeze technique with the help of your wife to get relief from premature ejaculation.

Kindly visit a leading Psychiatrist as soon as possible for early diagnosis and treatment.

Wishing good health.


Answered: Sun, 29 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor