Owl Image

Premartial check-up

Hi people, is premartial check-up needed for couples ?
Sun, 7 Aug 2011
Medically suggestible Pre-marriage (Medical kundli)

1.blood group & Rh-for awareness of Rh incompatibility
2.HbsAg for hepatitis B infection:partner must be immunised before marriage
3.HIV test- If positive,risk to partner is too high to accept
4.VDRL- if positive must be treated with pencillin
5.thalessemia screening
  Anonymous's Response

This is really confusing, but i believe in this modern world with adoption of westren culture we need premarital screening. safety is first. i do go fo premarietal counselling. it is not only of hiv, but also helps  in preventing  the congenital and hereditary disease being transmitted to the offsprings

what kind of premarital check-up are you talking about? In some countries govt has made it compulsory for people to undergo HIV testing before marriage. I'd say you may want to get a HIV test done before marriage. Havent heard of any other kind of test being of any value before marrying.
  Anonymous's Response
Alisa is a definite yes.you may want to check for other STDs and the blood group and the RH factor before marriage.