Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Pregnant with twins feeling vaginal pressure, anxiety. Need to get checked?

I am 32 weeks 4 days with fraternal twin boys. Labor was stopped at 24 weeks with magnesium sulfate and am dilated to 3cm. My OB hasn't checked my since, I have massive amounts of vaginal pressure, I feel anxious like my blood pressure is high, and am seeing white spots periodically. When I call my OB she says to go home from work and rest. I have a very sedentary office job, it is not stressful physically or mentally. She has treated this pregnancy like my previous 3 single pregnancies and am concerned that she isn't taking this seriously. Should I force the issue with being checked for dilation and possibly switch doctors this late in the pregnancy?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. The doctor has advise so because you are at risk of preterm labor. You should have rest as you are doing. You should ask from your doctor about the signs that it is getting dilated. You do not need necessarily to switch your doctor since it is a common problem and every doctor knows about it well. You should know about all the risk factors like smoking risk regarding preterm labor, etc. I wish you a good health.
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor