Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Pregnant with sore throat, stuffed nose and cough. History of pneumonia and bronchitis. Need medical attention?

I m almost 19 weeks pregnant. I have a history of pneumonia and bronchitis . Three days ago I developed an incredibly sore throat . Then my nose was all stuffy/runny at the same time. I also have this horrible cough with mucus . Since 24 hours ago, when I cough I have pain in my chest about the sternum area. I also cough so hard I gag and feel like vomiting. At what point should I see a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Better to get examined now. As infection in the body can affect the general condition and can also lead to premature uterine contractions.
So consult gynecologist and take antibiotic course.
By taking ante-emetics and antacids you can get some relief.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor