Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, wants to abort child. Which is the best medication to induce an abortion?

i am 2.5 months pregnant what is the best pill i can take to have abortion i need this as i was taken advantage of by a friend and i am married and need to get this done as fast as possible i have told my husband about it and he does not want the baby and i do not blame him for that and i do not want either can you please help me i live in the XXXX
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  249
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016
Medical abortion can be done max 7-9wk of gestation completely. At 2.5 months pregnancy,you can give a trial for abortion with following medication but always under supervision of gynecologist to avoid unnecessary excessive vaginal bleeding.
First take Tab Mifepristone 200mg (ideally 600mg) on D1,after 48 hrs take 2 Tab Misoprostol 200mg in the morning and under supervision of your doctor. May need double dose sometimes.
Soon after taking Tab Misoprostol, abdominal cramp and vaginal bleeding start within 7 days and next period may be earlier/delayed.
Post pill abortion,do a USG lower abdomen to check retained bits/conceptional products if any and may need D &C to complete abortion.
Practice safe sex by using safe period/OCP/Em pill/other methods to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Be well.
Answered: Fri, 31 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor