Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, want to abort. Taken RU 486. But now also pregnancy test positive. How to terminate?

hiii, i am two n half month pregnant. when i was one month the i took RU 486 to terminate my pregnancy but i did not took as prescribed by doc. but i get some bleeding but after 15 days i found symtemps of pregnancy then i went for lab test and i found positive. i want to terminate my pregnancy so please help me what i should to go for medical abortion or surgical please help me...
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

You should first go to a gynecologist.

Self medication in abortion can be dangerous
It can lead to incomplete abortion, excess bleeding, shock and sepsis.

You need to be under supervision of a doctor whether you go for a medical or surgical abortion.

Since you have taken RU 486, I presume you have had an incomplete abortion or a failed one. As this drug alone is not effective in causing an abortion.

You should get an ultrasound to know the size and site of your pregnancy. Decision of medical or surgical abortion would depend on your ultrasound report and gynecologist.

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see in ur situation u consult gynec doc because after 2 and half month termination by pills not possible it will terminated by surgery.
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor