Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, using meth without break, unable to quit Any detox program available? Effect on baby?

I just found out I m pregnant. I started using meth in April. I use it inter-vinously every day with out a break. Im think I could be at least three months pregnant. My period has always been irregular so it took me a lot longer to notice. I want to quit I ve cut way back the last two days but can t seem to stop. I want to go see a doctor but all my friends say if I do with meth in my system ill be reported. Is there a way I can get a check up an ultra sound anonymously? Are there any quick detox programs? I can t be gone for more than ten days and I don t have insurance. I really want to quit but I can t seem to make myself get thru the withdrawals I get anxiety so bad that in that moment I can t talk myself out of doing it no matter how much I try. I feel like there s two different me s. The person who hates it and herself for being so weak and the person who will stop at nothing to not get sober. I don t want to hurt my baby any more than I already have but I m powerless to stop myself. Do you have any advise on where to go for help in Seattle Washington were I won t be on cps and dshs radar. Also where I can get prenatal visit to see if my babies ok and see how far along I am?Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Unfortunately there are no quick detox programs, and if you do not have insurance, the best thing for you to do is to wean yourself off of the medications. I also believe that you can get an ultrasound irrespective of the fact that you are using or not, however you need to know that there might be adverse effects on your baby if you have been using before conception and during the first trimester. I would strongly recommend using social services in your area to find assistance and get the testing done as soon as possible, with consulting a psychiatrist or an OBGYN that has experience with conditions such as yours. I understand that you may be under the CPS or DSHS radar but if you have not had you baby yet, you might be eligible for services through the community resources in your area. Please contact them as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sun, 30 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor