Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, sore lumps on shins, lower legs, bruises, pain on touching, walking. Treatment?

Hi, I am 15 weeks pregnant and have developed sore lumps on my shins and lower legs. The first 2 appeared on my shin about a month ago. Initially I thought that I had hit my leg against something as they are sore like bruises. However, they have not gone away. They look like large bites and hurt to touch and also can be sore when I walk. Any idea/ treatment? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychologist 's  Response

I had gone through the case and found that it might be decreased due to poor blood circulation causes Deep vein thrombosis, which generally happened in pregnancy.

So initially go for mild massage of leg and dip the leg in warm water. If not better then go for Doppler study of vein of leg.

Generally it happens in late pregnancy. But do not worry after delivery it will disappear, but meanwhile do whatever i advised you.

Answered: Tue, 1 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor