Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, severe back ache on turning body, painful welt like bruise that pains with pressure. Worrisome?

I am about 3 months pregnant and I the day before I had a really bad back ache that got worse when I tried to turn my body. This morning I woke up with some sort of welt like bruise that hurts when you apply pressure to it. I didn t do any heavy lifting or get hit or fall down. Do you know what this is and should I go to the E.R instead of wait until I see my dr monday?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you given that you are not getting a response.

You are not specific about the location of the welt-like bruise. Secondary to the back pain, and the extreme tenderness of this area, it is worth getting it checked out. This is especially the case given that you are pregnant. Begin by calling your OB/GYN!

I hope you are satisfied. Please choose the Premium service if you require more detail!
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor