Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, repeated blood tests showed constant hcg. Why are they not increasing?

Hi im 32 years old. my last menstural period was june 23. I found out i was pregnant on july 18th. I went to the doctors on july 25th. She did a pap smear . never mentioned if she felt anything. She send me for blood . my hcg came back at 184.7. Then she sent me again one july 27th that came back at 285.6. then again on JUly 29th that cam back at 296.5. Why are they not doubling like they should, Could i have miscalulated. She wants me to have a repeat this wednesday. please help
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
In healthy pregnancy HCG level should get doubled every 48 hourly, if it is not so means pregnancy is not growing properly.
So repeat your beta HCG & if still remains constant,get an ultrasound scan done to detect growth of conceptus.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor