Pregnant not able to sleep on the side. Is it safe to sit up and sleep?

Im 24 weeks pregnant and start sleep on my left side always (relatively comfortably). Sometimes I am a little uncofortable on my side and I allow myself to sit up against the 3 pillows propped behind me, and sleep on my back / sitting up. Is this bad? I could try not to do this if it is bad for the baby. My doctor says I should not worry becasue after 4 months I wont be able to sleep on my back, but I am almost 6 months and completely comfortable on my back. I should add that I am not on the heavy side at all when it comes to baby bumps. This could be why I am still comfortable on my back while sleeping. Please let me know if I should stop this. Thank you Natalia
Mon, 28 Jan 2013