Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, in final trimester, have sciatic issues due to baby's position, sharp pain in calf. What should be done?

Iam and 35 weeks pregnant and for the past few months ive had sciatica issues due to position of baby, however the last 2 days ive had severe sharp pain in my left calf . Hurts to touch, right now my foot is tingly and id rate the pain a 6 out of 10. Shall i be concerned? Rest for now? Perhaps elevate it...could it be a blood clot?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to HCM forum

Sciatic pain increases in third trimester due to pressure of baby.

Elevate the limb while lying down.

Left lateral position is better while sleeping.

Physiotherapy helps a lot.

Apply local analgesic ointment.

Get Blood counts done .

For clot doppler study is done for which you consult your OBGYN and Radilologist.

Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor