Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Pregnant having severe pain in the stomach above the belly button. Taking Mirolax for constipation. Had a lap band surgery in the past. Causes?

I am currently at the begining of my second trimester of pregnancy and i had the lapband surgery a year ago. I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach all the way across where my port is. It is about 4 inches above my belly button. I am 13 wks pregnant and have been dealing with bad constipation and started taking Mirolax to help. I have no idea what it could be. It is a constant sharp to dull to sharp to dull pain.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The constant pain you are having is likely to be related to intestinal colic due to the laxative you are taking. It is likely to subside on taking anti spasmodic drugs.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor