Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Pregnant having pain in the lower back and bleeding. Should I see the doctor immediately?

Hi I am about 10 weeks pregnant and my lower back and top of buttocks is hurting so bad unless i am laying down. I cant sit or stand for very long. I was heavy when i got pregnant anyway. My appointment is tuesday and i had a short bout of bleeding that lasted about 20 minutes yesterday. no cramps in the pelvic area only the same pain in my back. I feel fine today and yesterday actually. i still feel pregnant tender breast gaggy mornings... should i worry or just wait till i see my obgyn tuesday?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
The bout of bleeding indicates that you have a threatened abortion. The condition of the pregnancy can be assessed by a sonogram correlated with serum beta-hCG levels. Pain in the back could be postural owing to excess weight, unless it radiates to the lower abdomen and the pelvic region, when immediate attention is needed. Take absolute bed rest, avoid intercourse, stress and consult your doctor as soon as possible. Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Radiologist Dr. Ganesh Sanap's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM.
If bleeding has been stopped then no need to worry . If you arehaving continues bleeding or felt some clot before then consult your gynaecologist as soon as possible.
Sitting and standing problems are secondary to altered center of gravity of body due to pregnancy. It get adjusted gradually.

Hope for the best.
Thanking you.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Kiriti Yadav's  Response
dear since you are having 10th week of pregnancy and one thing you must know that you are in first tri semester of pregnancy which is very much in high risk, because most of the miscarriages happens before 12weeks of pregnancy, so according to your symptoms you must go for USG as soon as possible and then must consult to your gynecologist.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor