Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, has disc compression. What type of anesthesia is recommended?

Hello Doctor!!
I have 15 weeks of pregnancy . And my query which is the best method of delievery , if everything goes all right ??
I mean which type of anesthesia is best if i want painless. I am worried because there is disc compression at level of L-4,L-5.So will it cause any harm to my spine at the time of delivery!!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi, You shouldnt have any problems during deliver. Unless there is an obstetric reason, there shouldnt be any reason why vaginal delivery cannot be considered. Normally the type of anaesthesia is recommended by the anaesthesiologist. Epidural/spinal is commonly recommended. Whether is can be given,will depend on the skill and recommendation of the anaesthesiologist.
There shouldnt be any problems with your spine.
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor