Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, hard lump in right breast, flaky skin, colored patches, redness, dots, occasional itching. Biopsy advised. Suggestions?

I have a lump in my right breast it is hard and does not move when myself or doctor felt it. I'am 22 weeks pregnant and the doctor has ordered to get a biopsy on my breast but recently my skin on my breast and between then have become flaky skin coloured patches. I also have redness and dots in the surrounding areas. Sometimes it gets itchy. I'm worried what could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. A hard lump in the breast is always suspicious and should be biopsied as soon as possible. The skin changes and flakiness is due to the hormonal changes during pregnancy and will subside with time. It should not be a reason to delay the biopsy.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Sat, 11 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor