Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, coughing, bad pain in rib. Suggest suitable measures

Hi all am 7 months pregnant and i have been coughing for the last 4days, now am feeling pain in the rib area both sides left and right just above the stomach and is painful in that i cant move or turn or even sit properly , Now i don t want to cough since the pain is bad, i have been taking some cough syrub and pain killers please help.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
It looks like you are suffering from a muscle spasm in the rib cage due to the cough, the muscle laxity of pregnancy adding to this. What you need is a muscle relaxant, an oral medication or a local application, under guidance of your obstetrician. You may also use cough suppressants if you have a dry cough with proper precautions. Contact your doctor for further advice. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor