Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, completed first trimester, spotting. Taking duphaston, stopped. Suggestions?

hello i wanted to ask this on behalf of my cousin. she has recently compleed her first trimester but continues to have spotting on and off. he dr started her on duphaston(dihydrogesterone) and ing IVFC. she changed the gynaecologist as was advised by her mother in law who has now stopped d above saying that it was of no use. on usg bpd is 28 cm. what is ur opinion?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
At 12 weeks, the BPD doesnt matter much yet. The Duphaston shouldnt have been stopped. It should have been continued. Early trimester spotting is common and can only be treated with complete rest.The duphaston/susten etc can only help. Anyways,at this point after 12-14 weeks,duphaston has limited use.
She just needs regular check ups and usg done. If the bleeding gets heavier,get an usg immediately.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor