Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, bump near nipples, might be montogomery gland. How can i treat it?

Hello, I am 27 years old and pregnant in my 21st week, i have a bump near my nippli since almost 1 month, i made a research and i think it's called the montgomery gland.
i am worried about breastfeeding later on and hot can i treat it?
my Doctor told me that there's nothing we can do, in case it remained, we have to remove it later on.
thank you in advance
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
bumps near your nipple is called the montgomery gland,they lubricate the nipple.
they are not harmful,seen mostly in pregnancy.
so don't worry about it.
you should leave this and enjoy your pregnancy.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor