Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, bleeding occurred. Ultrasound shows nil cardiac activity, fetal movement and heartbeat. What does this mean?

Sir Yesterday my wife had ultra sound cause she had some bleedings yesterday, and after ultra sound the gynecologist told that the cardiac activity is nill and foetal movement in nill and the heartbeat is nill.And the bleeding now is near to nill sir what we can expect about the same
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Heart activity in a fetus can be seen easily around 14 weeks of gestation (also in experienced hands a little earlier). You have not written about gestation and who performed ultrasound for cardiac activity and how much was gestation. Your wife's obstetrician can detect any problem with the fetus competently and I would urge you to consult your obstetrician. You will get the best advise.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover
Answered: Wed, 16 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor