Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Pregnant asked to take triple screen test. Report showing AFP test positive. Ultrasound normal

sir i 32 years old now i am 5 months pregnant, doctor ask me to take triple screen test, in 18th trimester, when i took report i was shocked, the afp test is positive, that our ask me to take ultra sound scan, in the scan report every thing is normal, again if i take triple screen test, the same result is coming, pls solve this problem, i am sending my scan report for you, and i have done IUI on march 17th
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The raised levels of afp are suggestive of a congenital malformation. Ultrasound scan is sometimes not sensitive enough to detect all such defects. Going for a cordocentesis will be diagnostic in your case.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor