Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Ultrasound shows low placenta. Safe to travel by train?

I am 15 weeks pregnant abd had ultrasound scan yesterday.. the doctor said that my placenta is located in upper uterine segment on post side and shows Grade -I maturity . but is slightly low and just 21.6 mm away from OS. Therefore, knowing this fact is it safe to travel in a train (1st Class) for about 5 hours or should I avoid this journey????
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The lower end of placenta that is almost 2 cm away from the internal os is not worrisome. This is a normal finding. You can travel by train in case there are no other complications like lower abdomen pain.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor