Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Scan showed no fetal pole. Severe stomach pain, no bleeding. Had erosion and closed womb. Signs of miscarriage?

I had a scan yesterday - 7 weeks pregnant - however there was no fetal pole . I have had slight bleeding and they did an internal and advised I had some erosion and the womb was closed. I have not had any further bleeding and today I am having bad stomach pains. Are these likely to be signs of a miscarriage beginning?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  297
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
At 7 weeks if there is no fetal pole, then chances are high that you have miscarried.
Cramps and spotting further are in favour of miscarriage.
Please consult your doctor after a week, and if review scan shows no further growth , then termination is advisable.
If cramps or bleeding intensifies, then consult your doctor immediately.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 20 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor