Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Scan showed gestational sac and yolk sac with no fetal pole. Any suggestion?

My wife is pregenant, we have x-ray today and the result as following: gestational sac seen. high implantation . yolk sac seen. no fetal pole seen at this time of scan. GSD 2.6cm, 7+ wks. both ovaries appears normal. minimal fluid collection seen in the cul de sac. is this ok?? but what I`m not sure about is that she is in the seventh week.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  349
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query
At a gestational sac more than 2 cm, a fetal le should ideally be seen.
Weeks of pregnancy are calculated based on date of last menstrual period, and not the date of conception/ ovulation, so you might be confused.
Please consult your obstetrician as it appears to be a non viable pregnancy, however there might be a possibility of delayed conception
Take care
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor