Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, SLE patient, low heart beat. Taking HCQS medication. Suggestions?

my wife is sle positive from last two years. SLE is under control. She is pregnant with 24 weeks . Earlier baby heart beat is normal but today doctor says that heart beat is low and around 98. He says it may be due to HCQS tablet. Please suggest what to do. At presently baby s growth is fine the only problem is low heart beat.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I think the main issue here is monitoring. There are moments the heart beat of the child reduces either due a change in position, which of course is normal or physiologic. It becomes preoccupying when this reduction persists.
You just need to follow the instructions of the Doctor, do another ultrasound and wife should to the left side most of the time to improve fetal blood flow.
Wish you the best of health,
Luchuo, MD/
Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor