Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Raised counts in blood test. Should TORCH test be done?

i am 16 weeks pregnant. 3 weeks ago did a routine lab test .reported 0000 total wbc count with 77% netrophils.assympotomatic . no focus of infection detected. ultrasound shows healthy pregnancy. took taxim o 2oomg twice /day. repeated counnts. now wbc 0000 and neutrophils 72 %. sholud i be screening for torch infection.could the raised counts,dont know since when ,ccould have affected fetus .
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Mildly raised levels of neutrophils in pregnancy are not always suggestive of an infection. If there are no symptoms like fever or any infection then treatment with antibiotics is not needed. You can test yourself for TORCH infection.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor