Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Prescribed Corcium and Thrive G. Can elemental calcium carbonate be used?

Helloo Doctor, my wife is pragnant by 13 months. Doctor has been precribed Tab corcium(organic calcium), Tab Anofer and Capsule Thrive G ( DHA ,EHA, selenium and wheat germ oil). Doctor i have two queries. Fisrt about calcium, is that we can use elemental calcium carbonate D3 tablet inplace of Natural organic Calcium (Corcium). Second is Capsule Thrive G (Elder pharma), this capsule is not available in my city area so plz recommend me another product as subsitute of Thrive G. Please if possible send me answer also on my email: YYYY@YYYY . Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  504
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Yes you can use calcium carbonate in place of Corcium. Regarding the DHA supplement, there are many other preparations like Ma DHA or folimust-D, etc. You can ask for a prescription for these from your gynecologist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor