Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. High blood pressure, swollen feet. Will a C-section be done?

Hi, I am 22 years old and 37~38 week pregnant. On Friday the doctor checked my blood pressure , it was 130/90, she said it is high and I need to recheck it on Monday. If it is still high she said, she will admit me. Tonight I checked it at home, the reading was 120/84 and the 2nd reading was 126/78. What shall I presume. Even my feet are swollen... will she do c-section? Is there any danger either to me or the baby
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
There are many factors to decide whether a patient will deliver by normal route or cesarean section.
If position of baby is normal, cervix is good & pelvis is adequate, trial of labour will be given.
Mild pregnancy induced hypertension is not an indication of LSCS.
So do not worry & All The Best.
Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor