• question-icon

Pregnant. Fever and joint pain due to Dengue NS1. Now itching. Prescribed Taxim and Avil. Medicine?

Hi Doctor, my wife age is 30years and she is pregnant (7 month running). Recently 5days back she got fever and joint pains. We have gon through labatory check up and doctor treatment . Dengue NS1 is detected in her blood . she was admitted in hospital for 2 days , the platlets are stable that is 2.5 lakhs. now the thing is she got Itching on entire body and heavy joint pain I request you please suggest me what type of medicine she can take during this stage . current medicines given by doctor Taxim-o Avil-25 regards Dipankar
Wed, 6 Nov 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Dengue can present with rash and fever associated with severe joint pain. As your wife is pregnant, stronger antibiotics have to be avoided in her case. I would suggest continuation of the present treatment with regular follow ups with her gynec doctor. If rashes becomes very annoying then application of calamine lotion over the rashes will soothe them.
Thanks.