Pregnant. Dark stool, large size. Taking Pregnacare multivitamin. Internal bleeding?

Hi Dr Stephen, I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with my first baby. This morning i noticed for the first time that my stool was darker than usual (very dark brown/black). I also havent been for a few days so it was a larger than normal stool. I have been taking a Pregnacare multivitamin that contains some iron but not high levels and i haven t been eating many green vegetables/red meats lately so i wouldn t imagine it would be my iron levels. Plus i had blood tests done about 6 weeks ago and my iron levels were below average. Could i have internal bleeding?? Thank you Tunya
Sat, 9 Feb 2013