Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Bleeding, tender breasts, nausea. Am I still pregnant?

i think im pregnant last month on 2 nd december 2012 i had a period im on a 28 day cycle so i took a test and there was a very faint line on it,on january 3rd i started bleeding bright red only lasted 2 days no cramping or anything having pregnancy symptoms such as feeling tire emotional,tender breasts and feeling nausea ,took a test at doc in front of dr it was faint again but sent my urine of to hospital and came bk negative anyway few weeks on im still feeling very tired and im very bloated and got abit of a appetite so dont know what to think am i or not?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
bleeding during early months of pregnancy most, but not all of the time is accompanied by pregnancy loss. Do not be worried for most of these fetuses are usually ones with some chromosomal malformations.
However, there are women who still bleed and continue with their pregnancies till term. Would be advisable to repeat the pregnancy test with blood samples, and why not an ultrasound/echograpgy.
This shall help in deciding whether you are still pregnant or not.
Its worthwhile discussing with your physician.
Thanks and great time,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Nilofer AR's  Response
Thanks for the query.

HCG levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test.
The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.

I recommend you to repeat UPT after a week.
Also get a USG done to rule out miscarriage.
Meanwhile if you bleed heavily with cramps, consult your doctor immediately.

Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor