Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pregnancy scan showing mild prominence of bilateral pelvicalyceal system of the fetus kidney. What is the risk involved?

hello Dr,i am 36 week & 4 days pregnant, my scanning report shows baby s kidney , mild prominence of bilateral pelvicalyceal system noted.( Renal pelvis AP diameters-11 mm on right side and 12 mm on left side) No dilatation of ureter seen on either side. Urinary bladder appear normal, Amniotic fluid volume is normal. Please inform me the consequence of after my delivery and my baby s condition,explain this situation.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1428
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to HCM forum

Renal pelvis diameter more than 15 mm causes concern as it indicates obstruction but 11 and 12 mm are moderate changes and one can not predict any anomaly.

As you are almost 37 weeks so wait for one more week for delivery

Best wishes

Do not take stress
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor