Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Pregnancy. Got perianal abcess bulging into vulva. Test showed enterococcus faecalis. Given vanlid. Treatment?

I am pregnent women with 21week pregency. before one week I got perianal abscess bulging into vulva . this is operated by my Gynachologist after operation pus culter is tested found that organism was enterococcus faecalis . so my doctor prescribed me Vanlid 500mg trice a day. Please tell me my doctor done correct treatment or not ? I am very much worried because of pregnency
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  255
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Yes your doctor has done correct treatment as she would have started the antibiotic only after the culture sensitivity report,so don't worry. Follow your doctors advice and be in reggular follow up,regular dressing and maintain perineal hygeine to avoid recurrence. Take care,don't worry about pregnancy it would go fine.
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor