Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Potassium leakage from kidneys. Have sinus tachycardia, with PVC. Are these related?

sir doctor siad my father(age 59) has potassium leakage from kidneys. it is 3 mEq/L than range between 3.5-5.4mEq/L. and doctor also said that potassium is important for heart as my father also has heart problem ( bigeminy, long QT axis, sinus tachycardia with frequent PVC as per ECG report). actually what will be the causes of potassium leakage?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
you require to do some tests like blood and urine potassium levels, osmolarities to look for wht is the cause for potassium loss.
If he is on diuretics for heart failure, the dose needs to be reduced or substituted with potassium sparing diuretics.
if potassium continues to be low he can take potassium rich foods like fruit juces , coconut water BUT all these has to be done in consultation with your doctor only.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor