Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Post menopausal, feeling of trapped gas, dull back pain, light pink on tissue post wiping, cloudy urine, had taken laxative. Next step?

I have been sick with cold/ flu for a week and in the beginning I was urinating every half-hour to hour. I felt some pressure. I also felt some lower back pain , comes and goes and never severe pain. I felt either constipated or like I had menstrual cramps but I am 15-18 years post menopausal (almost 63). I took a laxitive last evening and was able to eliminate some waste. I do not have a BM daily and often go 2-3 days. Now today, I feel like I have some gas trapped, my back dull throb seems less, I don t know. But, I just urinated and the tissue was light pink when I wiped. My urine may look a bit cloudy but no odor. What should I do next? One more thing, my most recent blood tests a few months ago, register as pre diabetic and except for the frequent urination at the beginning of my cold, I don t feel like I have any other symptoms.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  403
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Smac,
Thanks for your query.
Low back pain with frequent urination with pinkish cloudy urine can indicate towards Urinary Tract Infection.
Please have following investigation done:-
1. Urine for Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Senstivity
2. Complete Blood Count
3. Kidney Function Test
4. Fasting blood sugar level
Treatment can be planned according to the reports of your tests.
Hope this may help you. Thanks.
Answered: Tue, 9 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Tissue discolouration? - one is not sure of the source of bleeding.
> You must test your urine immediately for blood and/or infection
> You should have a Gynaecological examination to exclude gynaec pathology - post-menopausal bleeding
> You must check your sugar - it could be full fledged diabetes in a few months
In summary you have to see a Physician first - have some basic work up like urine, glucose etc. Furthe steps will depend upon the outcome of this.
Take care / Do NOT delay
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 9 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor