Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Post heart attack caring

My dad suffered myocardial infract and was discharged 2 weeks ago, he is not diabetic or hypertinesive, he is retiered and usualy used to do morning and evening walk and other small household work. now as his heart is weak he cant do much work, but he cant be confined to bed all the time, how to take care of these persons ?
Wed, 14 Oct 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi Piyush. What treatment did your dad receive for his myocardial infacrtion? Did he have a stent placed? I think he will need an angiography if it has not been done already. After that doctor will advise whether he needs a stent or by-pass surgery or nothing needs to be done. His activity level will depend upon all this. Myocardial infarction patients can resume their normal level of activity in most cases. Having MI doesnt mean bed rest for ever. Actually u should make your dad move around the house and take short walks rather than put him on total bed rest. Other than that make sure he takes all medicines advised by the doctor and give him good low fat diet.

  User's Response
i think he should continue walking.....some one accompany him when he is going for walking...and avoid fatty foods and smoking,alchohol...and dont go for hectic work...and dont give him mental/physical strain...
  User's Response
Suggest your father to start exercise and he can increase it gradually. but he shd not pull or push the big object and he shd avoid lifting weight. someone shd go laong with him for few days and after some time he will pick up slowly.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor