Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Post-coital spotting, vaginal burning, urethritis. Negative for STDs. Due to perimenopause?

Hello. I am 46 years old and I believe I am going through my perimenopausal state. My periods have become irregular over the past 6-7 months. My last period was over a month ago. I have a new issue I am concerned about. My husband, who is a over the round truck driver, came home and I experience post-coital spotting which was light and dark brown one day after having sex. I also have a little vaginal discomfort (burning). I see him about every 6-8 weeks. I have noticed that I get a slight case of urethritis after he leaves. Iadmit, I don t see him much so we may get a little intense and frequent at times. At one tine, I was concerned that he was being unfaithful and passing on STDs, so I had cultures done a couple of times ( chlamydia and GC swabs as well as wet preps for trich). Each time the results came back negative. Now this last time he came home... the bleeding. I have no associated fever. No pelvic pain . Just vaginal burning (deep) and a small amount of brown discharge . Does this have to do with my perimenopausal symptoms or should I go back to my PMD. My last PAP was 3 years and was normal. I have never had an abnormal pap since Ibegan to have PAPs. I have no hx of fibroids . No hx of endometriosis and my periods have always occurred like clockwork until 7 months ago. Help? What is the deal? Where should I start? Should I be concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  106 Awaiting Answer
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor