Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Possible ways of giving Zinnat suspension to kids?

It is impossible to give Zinnat Suspension to my kid (3 years old) due to the awful taste of the drug. It keeps throwing it out on the very first contact. Is there any other way to give the drug? I tried to dissolve it into milk, add some sugar, but with no effect. Maybe its not the flavor but the texture. Any other ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response

You may try to divert the attention of your kid to something she is interested in, give her the syrup in a spoon (Not with cap/ dropper), and then give her something like a candy or toffee or something she likes the most.

In spite of all this, if she spits it out- its better to ask for an alternative. You have not mentioned for what the medication was started. Surely your doctor will be able to give you alternative medication that will taste better- based on what problem your child has- and the indication for the antibiotic.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your child good health.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor