Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Popped large blister on heel, pus drainage, blister turned hard, sore, black. Treatment options?

A few days ago my boyfriend popped a large blister on his heal, he then used a blister plaster from a chemist as it was pussing and was very sore, (he had to put shoes on as he needed to go to work). When he tried to remove the plaster, it became stuck and he had to cut it off. His blister has now become hard, sore and has turned black. Should he see a consultant?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  369
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Good evening. Yeah i think he should see one.maybe it has got infected and it is better to sort it out before it gets worse. Bursting blister without proper hygiene can be harmful. Hope this was information was useful
Answered: Fri, 20 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor