Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Popped a black head on nose, got infected leading to swelling in face, deep lump under skin with redness. Immediate solution?

I popped a black head on my nose it got infected and the side of my face swell up aswell as draoning down to my lymphnode. I have antibiotics the swelling on the side of my face has gone but i still have a large deep lump under my skin aslong with redness. Its very noticeable and embarrissing. It wont pop ots to hard. Is there an immediatie solution or will it need remoiving?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
you have break the infected lesion and eventually it spread to surrounding skin also
do not worry as it is in shealing stage
the lump you ffel is due to body 's inflammatory response to infection
it will take 7 days to heal
apply good antibiotic cream over it
i hope i answered your question

Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor